The Lawrence Pedestrian Coalition meets the second Wednesday of every month, at 7 PM, in the basement conference room of the Carnegie Building on Vermont Street, in downtown Lawrence. Our meetings are open to all! Join us!
Facebook event : https://www.facebook.com/events/1530175943881309/
On the agenda below, I have added folks names in parenthesis that I am hoping can provide us with updates on specific issues...
Our tentative agenda:
- Update on capitol improvement plan budget line item for non-motorized transportation systems (Bob Schumm? Terry Riordan?)
- A discussion of the Breezedale Monument project (Carol)
- Update on Pedestrian planning (Jessica?)
- Update on Safe Routes to School (Charlie and Kris?)
- Update on website and google group mailing list work and tech stuff (Carol and Mike?)
- Pedestrian Summit letter draft and project brainstorming (check this out as a template idea: http://tulsasidewalkstories.com/2014/08/14/walk-to-the-future-sidewalk-summit-oct-14-2014-register-now/ )
- Upcoming events and issues at City Hall
Police Chief Tarik Khatib was scheduled to join us, but we were informed a few days ago that the LPD wanted to reschedule their attendance until after they have participated in an upcoming webinar and can share enforcement ideas with us.
Here is a link to the MPO's pedestrian planning page: http://lawrenceks.org/mpo/PedPlan
From 6:30-8, also in the Carnegie Building, upstairs on Wednesday night, the City is hosting a meeting about the proposed transit center, if you are interested in that and want to go back and forth between both meetings.
Please join us! All are welcome.
If you are not able to attend, but have updates, please email them to me and i will share them with the group.
If you need a ride to the meeting, let me know.
Thanks! Hope to see folks Wednesday night!